Saturday, May 14, 2011

Blank SharePoint Site in Windows 7

Another issue with SharePoint 2010 installation in Windows 7. When I create a new site collection through central administration and browse through the page, it shows a blank page. Even sometimes I receive the blank page when I open Central administration. Weird :-(

After doing many changes and I have even reinstalled the farm to get rid of this issue. No luck. After a long time I found the issue is with the authentication.

to make the sites to work do the following.
1. go to IIS : cmd-inetmgr.
2. Go to your site collection.
3. Click Authentication


4.Right click Basic authentication and enable it.
5. There you go..refresh the page..you will see you sites.. bravo..

1 comment:

  1. Thanks a lot.I am trying this for last 2 days.You Save my time....

    ReplyDelete